Dates at home can be very romantic and help your relationship flourish even during a pandemic. You can have a good time while still cutting back on fancy restaurants and babysitters. Try these ideas for sharing a wonderful time with your partner and making simple enjoyments more memorable.
Romantic Ideas for Dates Indoors
- Serve breakfast in bed. One of the most romantic ways to start the day is breakfast in bed. Prepare a tray with fresh squeezed juice, seasonal fruits and breakfast pastries. Decorate it with a small vase of cut flowers. Read the newspaper to each other or browse through vacation brochures.
- Stage a movie night. Select a romantic film you’ve both enjoyed in the past or pick a title you’ve been waiting to see together. Make a bowl of popcorn more elegant by adding some olive oil and rosemary. Curl up under a soft cashmere throw.
- Give each other a couple’s massage.No investments needed! Ok, maybe a few. But you can use your bed. Buy some scented oils and wear plush robes. If you want to learn some new techniques, YouTube has everything you need!
- Share a candlelight dinner. Set the table with your best china and silver. Arrange fresh flowers and candles. Prepare your favorite dishes or select a recipe that sounds romantic like seafood paella for two. Finish up with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries.
- Make your own ice cream sundaes. It’s easy to have a good time when you’re eating ice cream. Buy some gourmet flavors and toppings. Melt a little dark chocolate and milk for a rich hot sauce. Slice up some fresh fruit. Spoon your sundaes into fancy glass bowls. See where the fudge takes you!
Romantic Ideas for Dates Outside!
- . Throw a pool party. Lounge side by side in matching chaises with tropical drinks. If you don’t have an in-ground pool, you can still have a party. Drink your margaritas while you cool your feet in a small inflatable pool.
- Go camping. Pitch a tent in your backyard and break out your sleeping bags. You can tell each other ghost stories or pick up a pocket book of poetry. Bring out some mugs of hot cocoa topped with gourmet marshmallows in exotic flavors.
- Share a picnic. Spread a blanket and lie out in the sun. . If you don’t have a backyard, use your balcony. If the weather is bad a picnic indoors is just as marvelous. Get those blankets out!
- Play games. Go back in time and play your favorite childhood games.. Hide and Go seek (Go get it). Or put a few games in a hat..pull..and go from there.
- Be Present. It’s that simple! There is nothing more fulfilling than knowing that your partner cares about how your day went. Take turns talking about your day. End it with words of affirmation towards each other.